NFL Power Rankings Going Into Wild Card Weekend
Tom Brady and the New England Patriots are near the top of the power rankings yet again.
By: Nathan Rush | 1/2/13, 7:20 PM EST
Athlon Sports' weekly rankings of NFL teams. The Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos head into the playoffs as the No. 1 seeds in the NFC and AFC, respectively. Meanwhile, the Kansas City Chiefs have locked up the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft.
Here are our NFL Power Rankings following Week 17 of the season:
1. Falcons (13-3) John Abraham injures ankle in meaningless defeat.
2. Broncos (13-3) Eleventh straight win clinches No. 1 seed in playoffs.
3. Patriots (12-4) Rob Gronkowski scores in return from forearm injury.
4. 49ers (11-4-1) Clinch first-round bye with win plus Packers’ loss.
5. Texans (12-4) J.J. Watt falls two sacks shy of single-season record.
6. Packers (11-5) Lose at Minnesota, set to host rematch at Lambeau.
7. Seahawks (11-5) Russell Wilson ties rookie TD pass record (26) in win.
8. Redskins (10-6) RG3 plays through pain, leads Skins to playoffs.
9. Ravens (10-6) Ray Lewis returns for “last ride” before retirement.
10. Colts (11-5) Chuck Pagano victorious in first game back in Indy.
11. Bengals (10-6) Hope playoff rematch in Houston has happy ending.
12. Vikings (10-6) Adrian Peterson makes history, playoffs in victory.
13. Bears (10-6) Lovie Smith fired, Mike Ditka calls the move “stupid.”
14. Giants (9-7) Too little, too late for reigning Super Bowl champs.
15. Cowboys (8-8) Tony Romo throws season-ending INT vs. Redskins.
16. Steelers (8-8) Mike Tomlin avoids first losing season with victory.
17. Rams (7-8-1) One win away from first winning season since 2003.
18. Panthers (7-9) Win four straight, five of last six, to finish season.
19. Saints (7-9) Drew Brees first ever with three 5,000-yard years.
20. Dolphins (7-9) Fourth straight losing season ends in shutout loss.
21. Chargers (7-9) Pull the plug on coach Norv Turner, GM A.J. Smith.
22. Buccaneers (7-9) Muscle Hamster finishes with 1,454 yards, 11 TDs.
23. Titans (6-10) First ever with two players to score two return TDs.
24. Bills (6-10) Fire Chan Gailey; establishing analytics department.
25. Jets (6-10) Rex Ryan leaves town with job intact — for now.
26. Cardinals (5-11) Ken Whisenhunt fired after losing 11 of last 12 games.
27. Browns (5-11) Ready to hire sixth coach since 1999 return to NFL.
28. Lions (4-12) Calvin Johnson falls 36 yards short of 2K campaign.
29. Eagles (4-12) Andy Reid fired after 130–93–1 record in 14 seasons.
30. Raiders (4-12) Dennis Allen fires OC Greg Knapp after down year.
31. Jaguars (2-14) Is it Tim Tebow time now that season is finally over?
32. Chiefs (2-14) Fire Romeo Crennel, status of Scott Pioli uncertain.
Most Popular Articles
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Get the latest news and find out what our Athlon Sports experts have to say each week.
Contests & Promotions
Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing!
Enter the Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing game. Just head over to athlon.myfantasyracing.com and register for your chance to win a chance to watch a 2014 race from the grandstands. You'll also have a chance to win other amazing prizes such as an autographed Kyle Busch helmet.