2012 NFL Power Rankings Going Into Week 6
The 49ers aren't the top team in the NFL, but they are among the league's elite.
By: Nathan Rush | 10/9/12, 5:41 PM EDT
Athlon Sports’ weekly rankings of the best and worst teams in the NFL starts at the top with the undefeated Houston Texans and goes all the way to the bottom with the winless Cleveland Browns. Here are our NFL Power Rankings following Week 5 of the season.
1. Texans (5-0) Cushing injures left knee in MNF victory over Jets.
2. Falcons (5-0) Off to first 5–0 start in franchise history, since ’66.
3. 49ers (4-1) Strike gold with franchise-record 621 total yards.
4. Ravens (4-1) Defense holds strong, Tucker hits FGs in ugly win.
5. Bears (4-1) Have five INTs returned for TDs over last three weeks.
6. Cardinals (4-1) Kolb sacked nine times by Rams in first loss of year.
7. Vikings (4-1) Riding first three-game winning streak since ’09.
8. Patriots (3-2) Brady improves career record vs. Manning to 9–4.
9. Steelers (2-2) Polamalu aggravates calf, won’t play at Tennessee.
10. Eagles (3-2) Vick loses two fumbles in close call loss to Steelers.
11. Giants (3-2) Bradshaw romps, Cruz cha-chas, Wilson flips in win.
12. Packers (2-3) Crosby misses game-tying 51-yard FG in loss at Indy.
13. Bengals (3-2) Late fourth-quarter INT by Dalton ends loss to Fins.
14. Broncos (2-3) Manning-led second-half rally falls short at Patriots.
15. Saints (1-4) Brees breaks Unitas’ record in Big Easy’s first win.
16. Chargers (3-2) Rivers throws INT, loses fumble in fourth quarter.
17. Cowboys (2-2) Used bye to ìrecoup, refresh, regroup,î says Carr.
18. Rams (3-2) Fisher has Rams above .500 for first time since ’06.
19. Seahawks (3-2) No controversy over Golden go-ahead TD at Carolina.
20. Redskins (2-3) RG3 bloodied, concussed after hit by Weatherspoon.
21. Colts (2-2) Dedicate ìChuckStrongî win over Packers to Pagano.
22. Jets (2-3) Tebow fake punt first-down run highlights defeat.
23. Dolphins (2-3) Have not allowed 100-yard rusher in 19 contests.
24. Bills (2-3) Have allowed combined 97 points last two weeks.
25. Lions (1-3) Stafford hopes bye ìrefocusesî disappointing Detroit.
26. Buccaneers (1-3) Schiano uses bye for top-to-bottom team review.
27. Raiders (1-3) Have yet to record INT, high-flying Falcons up next.
28. Titans (1-4) Have league-worst negative-93 point differential.
29. Panthers (1-4) Newton sophomore slump continues vs. Seahawks.
30. Chiefs (1-4) Winston ìsickenedî by fans cheering Cassel injury.
31. Jaguars (1-4) Gabbert throws two pick-sixes to Bears in defeat.
32. Browns (0-5) Fall to 0–5 for first time since returning to NFL in ’99.
Most Popular Articles
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Get the latest news and find out what our Athlon Sports experts have to say each week.
Contests & Promotions
Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing!
Enter the Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing game. Just head over to athlon.myfantasyracing.com and register for your chance to win a chance to watch a 2014 race from the grandstands. You'll also have a chance to win other amazing prizes such as an autographed Kyle Busch helmet.