2012 NFL Power Rankings Going Into Week 4
The Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are the teams to beat after the first three weeks.
By: Nathan Rush | 9/26/12, 11:09 AM EDT
Each week during the season Athlon Sports looks at the best and worst football teams in the NFL. Here's our NFL Power Rankings following Week 3 of the season.
1. Falcons (3-0) Mike Smith now carries 6–0 record on West Coast.
2. Texans (3-0) Defeat Peyton Manning; 3–16 all-time vs. No. 18.
3. Ravens (2-1) Torrey Smith scores two TDs in emotional win.
4. Giants (2-1) No comeback needed for G-Men on Thursday night.
5. 49ers (2-1) Alex Smith’s no-INT streak ends at 249 passes.
6. Cardinals (3-0) One of only three undefeated teams still standing.
7. Patriots (1-2) Bill Belichick outraged, grabs referee leaving field.
8. Packers (1-2) Aaron Rodgers sacked eight times in strange loss.
9. Broncos (1-2) Bloody Matt Schaub but can’t take down Texans.
10. Steelers (1-2) Defense struggling without injured Troy Polamalu.
11. Seahawks (2-1) Hail Mary answered by simultaneous possession.
12. Eagles (2-1) Lose to Philly’s Week 1 starter in 2010, Kevin Kolb.
13. Cowboys (2-1) Commit 13 penalties for 105 lost yards in victory.
14. Bears (2-1) Major Wright pick-six highlights defensive effort.
15. Bengals (2-1) A.J. Green explodes for career-high 183 yards.
16. Chargers (2-1) Held to lowest point total (3) since Nov. 24, 2002.
17. Jets (2-1) Darrelle Revis heads to IR island after ACL injury.
18. Bills (2-1) C.J. Spiller likely out, but Fred Jackson may return.
19. Vikings (2-1) Christian Ponder good as gold in upset of 49ers.
20. Titans (1-2) Revive ìMusic City Miracleî in thriller vs. Lions.
21. Lions (1-2) Shaun Hill leads two TD drives in just 18 seconds.
22. Raiders (1-2) Dennis Allen earns first career win over Steelers.
23. Buccaneers (1-2) Gain only 166 total yards in ugly loss to Cowboys.
24. Panthers (1-2) Cam Newton crushed by Big Blue Wrecking Crew.
25. Redskins (1-2) Defense confused by creative Cincy play-calling.
26. Chiefs (1-2) Ryan Succop hits six FGs, including game-winner.
27. Saints (0-3) Drew Brees goes 0-for-6 in fourth quarter and OT.
28. Dolphins (1-2) No "structural damage" to Reggie Bush’s knee.
29. Rams (1-2) Sam Bradford beat up by physical Bears defense.
30. Jaguars (1-2) Beat Colts on 80-yard TD with 45 seconds to play.
31. Colts (1-2) Heading into bye week with bitter taste of defeat.
32. Browns (0-3) Have lost nine consecutive games since last year.
Most Popular Articles
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Get the latest news and find out what our Athlon Sports experts have to say each week.
Contests & Promotions
Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing!
Enter the Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing game. Just head over to athlon.myfantasyracing.com and register for your chance to win a chance to watch a 2014 race from the grandstands. You'll also have a chance to win other amazing prizes such as an autographed Kyle Busch helmet.