2012 Major League Baseball Power Rankings: June 25
A look at the best and worst baseball teams in the league.
By: Charlie Miller | 6/25/12, 2:19 PM EDT
Each week during the season Athlon Sports looks at the best and worst baseball teams in the league. Here's our MLB Power Rankings for June 25, 2012.
1. Rangers—Three players on pace to drive in more than 100 runs.
2. Yankees—Bronx Bombers bashing way toward top of AL.
3. Dodgers—Only six homers so far in June; eight players have more.
4. Rays—Only team hitting below .200 (.196) in seventh inning and later.
5. Reds—Upcoming West Coast trip should be good for pitching stats.
6. Orioles—Scored 10 runs in last seven games.
7. Angels—Won seven of 10 but lost ground to Rangers.
8. Nationals—Lost four of six to Baltimore this season, but still in first place.
9. Giants—12 saves by five different pitchers in June (13 wins).
10. Blue Jays—Jose Bautista finding his power stroke.
11. Braves—NL East shaping up to be fun battle.
12. White Sox—Trade for Kevin Youkilis should improve offense and defense.
13. Diamondbacks—Shortstops are batting .301 this season without Stephen Drew.
14. Cardinals—Much better result vs. Royals this weekend.
15. Pirates—Won 18 of 27 over last 30 days.
16. Mets—Major League-worst 4.84 ERA from seventh inning on.
17. Red Sox—Scored 68 runs in last nine wins.
18. Indians—Batting .266 vs. righthanders, just .215 against lefties.
19. Tigers—Where’s the offense? Scored eight runs in last five games.
20. A’s—Who would have guessed? Lead majors in runs during June.
21. Phillies—Season is slipping away but Ryan Howard to return soon.
22. Brewers—Played five extra-inning games already in June (won two).
23. Marlins—Majors’ worst record and ERA in June.
24. Mariners—Tom Wilhelmsen has been terrific answer as closer.
25. Royals—Unfriendly Kaufman; eight more road wins than at home.
26. Twins—Trevor Plouffe hitting .351 with 10 homers in June.
27. Astros—5.80 ERA in June has been a killer.
28. Rockies—Sure, Troy Tulowitzki is missed, but starters have 6.40 ERA.
29. Padres—Batting just .153 with runners in scoring position and two outs.
30. Cubs—Bright side: Took two of three from Southsiders last week.
Most Popular Articles
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Get the latest news and find out what our Athlon Sports experts have to say each week.
Contests & Promotions
Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing!
Enter the Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing game. Just head over to athlon.myfantasyracing.com and register for your chance to win a chance to watch a 2014 race from the grandstands. You'll also have a chance to win other amazing prizes such as an autographed Kyle Busch helmet.