This week's menu includes Knuckle Sandwich
By: Matt Taliaferro | 6/7/11, 4:15 PM EDT
Photo by ASP, Inc.
by Matt Taliaferro
1. Carl Edwards Leads the series with seven top 5s and 10 top 10s through 13 races, including his most recent masterful performance — a fifth at Kansas.
2. Jimmie Johnson Considering his reputation, one would think Chad Knaus would have a few extra yards of fuel line in the 48 Chevy.
3. Kevin Harvick You have to figure Kevin Harvick had a good laugh when he heard his team owner, Richard Childress, fed Kyle Busch a knuckle sandwich after Saturday’s Truck Series race.
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Junior admitted his car was more of a top-10 machine than a runner-up, but smart strategy that works is the sign of a strong team.
5. Kyle Busch Wonder what hurt Kyle more: The bruised ego from getting passed by a rookie out of Turn 4 on the last lap of the Truck race or Richard Childress’ fist bruising his face.
6. Matt Kenseth Kenseth was sponsored by the “Affliction” clothing line last Sunday. That pairing makes about as much sense as a candy maker sponsoring Kyle Busch. Oh wait ...
7. Denny Hamlin Hamlin ascension up the point standings (11th) continues with a third-place run in Kansas. Note to Ryan Newman: Don’t get too comfortable in 10th.
8. Greg Biffle Biffle, with three career wins, had been the man at Kansas, but oddly enough, never so much as led a lap on Sunday after nearly winning in Charlotte the week prior.
9. Kurt Busch No truth to the report that younger brother Kyle called older brother Kurt this week, asking how he handled getting beat up by on old guy.
10. Kasey Kahne Ever wonder if the Red Bull Racing drivers actually have Red Bull in the little bottles they’re constantly sucking on? Bet Kahne will fill us in next year.
11. Tony Stewart Respectable eighth for Smoke in Kansas. We’ll see how organizational changes effect team going forward.
12. Jeff Gordon Gordon’s proposed new sponsor: Drive to End Fuel Mileage Races.
13. Clint Bowyer Not the happy homecoming he had in mind in Kansas. Aside from the Truck Series race, of course.
14. Brad Keselowski That win was coming, fuel mileage or not. And no one ended up in the catchfencing, so all the better!
15. David Ragan This team is getting closer. A win would be huge for its Chase hopes, unfortunately, they aren't that close.
Just off the lead pack: Marcos Ambrose, Jeff Burton, Mark Martin, Ryan Newman, Brian Vickers
Most Popular Articles
Contests & Promotions
Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing!
Enter the Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing game. Just head over to athlon.myfantasyracing.com and register for your chance to win a chance to watch a 2014 race from the grandstands. You'll also have a chance to win other amazing prizes such as an autographed Kyle Busch helmet.