Notes & Stats from Week 8
By: Mitch Light | 10/26/10, 10:16 AM EDT
Navy is 5–1 in its last six games vs. BCS conference opponents (including Notre Dame) dating back to last September. The only loss was vs. Maryland by three points in the 2010 season-opener.
• Arkansas’ Knile Davis rushed for 176 yards in the Hogs’ 38–24 win against Ole Miss. It was the Razorbacks’ first 100-yard rusher in an SEC game since Dennis Johnson ran for 107 yards in the loss at Florida last October.
• Missouri is 3–0 in the Big 12 for the first time since 1998.
• Oregon is averaging 27.6 points per half. That’s more than 60 teams average per game.
• Alabama’s first four drives of the second half against Tennessee went for 70 yards (touchdown), 65 yards (TD), 80 yards (TD) and 80 yards (TD).
• Georgia’s first three touchdown-scoring drives averaged 22.3 yards in its 44–31 win at Kentucky.
• San Jose State has only scored eight touchdowns this season.
• Central Michigan is finding life after Dan LeFevour (and Butch Jones) a bit difficult. The Chips went a combined 27–4 in the MAC in LeFevour’s four seasons in Mount Pleasant but are 1–4 in league play (and 2–6 overall) this season under first-year coach Dan Enos.
• Hawaii won its fifth straight, pounding Utah State 45–7 on the road. The Warriors are 6–2 overall and 4–0 in the WAC. They visit Boise State on Nov. 6.
• Kansas has been outscored 159–24 in its last three games, losses to Baylor, Kansas State and Texas A&M.
• TCU has won its four Mountain West games by an average score of 35–3.
• Louisville’s offensive production is up dramatically this season. The Cards are averaging 442.1 yards per game (up from 334.1 in ’09) and 30.0 points per game (up from 18.1 in ’09).
• Washington State’s Pac-10 losing streak reached 14 games with a 38–28 loss to Stanford. It was the smallest margin of defeat during the streak.
Most Popular Articles
Contests & Promotions
Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing!
Enter the Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing game. Just head over to athlon.myfantasyracing.com and register for your chance to win a chance to watch a 2014 race from the grandstands. You'll also have a chance to win other amazing prizes such as an autographed Kyle Busch helmet.