College Football Notes
By: Mitch Light | 10/13/10, 4:54 PM EDT
• Against FBS competition, Tennessee is being outgained by an average of 428-to-278. The Vols rank last in the SEC in total offense and total defense.
• Eastern Michigan, which has lost 18 straight games, is the only team this season that has scored two offensive touchdown against Ohio State.
• Auburn quarterback Cam Newton has topped the 150-yard mark throwing and rushing in the same game three times this season.
• Hawaii is up to its old tricks — the Warriors rank first in the nation in passing (421.7 ypg) and 117th in rushing (75.0 ypg).
• Oregon has scored 43 touchdowns. San Jose State has scored six.
• Among the nation’s leaders in total offense, Duke is the highest ranked team (No. 36, 420.4 ypg) with a losing record (1–4). Boston College is the highest ranked defensive team (No. 39, 333.2 ypg) with a losing record (2–3).
• Dating back to last October, Wake Forest is 3–9 in its last 12 games, with two of the wins vs. Duke and one vs. Presbyterian.
• Utah State crashed back to reality, losing 24–6 at Louisiana Tech one week after its 31–16 win over rival BYU.
• Louisville senior Bilal Powell entered 2010 with one career 100-yard game. This season, he has rushed for at least 80 yards in each game and has rushed for 150 or more three times. He ranks eight in the nation in rushing (137.8 ypg).
Most Popular Articles
Contests & Promotions
Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing!
Enter the Athlon Sports Fantasy Racing game. Just head over to athlon.myfantasyracing.com and register for your chance to win a chance to watch a 2014 race from the grandstands. You'll also have a chance to win other amazing prizes such as an autographed Kyle Busch helmet.